Tri-Basin NRD Calendar of Events
The vision of Tri-Basin NRD, as set forth by these directors, is to work cooperatively with District residents and others to promote good stewardship of land and water resources. The vision of Tri-Basin NRD, as set forth by these directors.
Tuesday, August 10, 2021
Tri-Basin Natural Resources District Board of Directors will hold a Regular Board of Directors' Meeting on Tuesday at 1:30 p.m. at the Windmill Event Center, 521 N. Colorado Ave., Minden, Nebraska.
The Board of Directors (“Board”) of Tri-Basin Natural Resources District (“District, or NRD”) will hold a public hearing commencing at 1:30 PM on August 10, 2021, at the Windmill Event Center 521 N. Colorado Ave., Minden, Nebraska. The purpose of this hearing is to receive testimony from the public about proposed revisions to Tri-Basin NRD’s RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR MANAGEMENT AND PROTECTION OF LAND AND WATER RESOURCES. The proposed rules and regulations revisions are intended to accomplish the following policy objectives:
1) Simplify and expedite rules enforcement, as described in Section Two- GENERAL PROVISIONS AND PROCEDURES FOR ENFORCEMENT AND PENALTIES.
2) Change the standard used in the Little Blue River basin portion of the district to determine whether a township or portion thereof, qualifies for regulation under Phase three groundwater management rules (see Section Eight-QUANTITY GROUNDWATER MANAGEMENT AREA RULES AND REGULATIONS).
3) Add a requirement that the district will file a notice with the relevant county clerk describing limitations associated with the operation of newly-permitted wells as described in Section Eight- QUANTITY GROUNDWATER MANAGEMENT AREA RULES AND REGULATIONS.
4) Revise rules related to estimation of consumptive water use Environmental, Commercial, non-irrigation Agricultural and Industrial Groundwater uses that are supplied by non-municipal Water Wells as described in Section ten-IRRIGATED LAND CERTIFICATION.
5) Renumbering of all rules to standardize the format of the rules.
The proposed rules and regulations are available on the NRD website, www. tribasinnrd.org, or interested parties can request a copy by visiting the NRD office (see address below), or by calling the NRD office toll-free (877) 995-6688.
All persons are encouraged to attend the hearing and offer testimony. Testimony may be provided verbally or in writing during the hearing. Written testimony may be delivered or mailed to Tri-Basin Natural Resources District, 1723 Burlington St., Holdrege, Nebraska, 68949.
Individuals with disabilities may request auxiliary aids and services necessary for participation by contacting the district office at the phone number and address listed above, at least two days in advance of the hearing.
Tuesday, September 7, 2021
Tri-Basin Natural Resources District Board of Directors will hold a Regular Board of Directors Meeting and FY 2020-2021 Budget Hearing at 7:30 p.m., at Tri-Basin Natural Resources District, 1723 Burlington St., Holdrege, NE 68949. The public is encouraged to attend the board meeting. Individuals with disabilities may request auxiliary aids and services necessary for participation by contacting the district office at the phone number and address listed above, at least two days in advance of the meeting.
Wednesday, November 17, 2021
The expo is scheduled after most have completed harvest, allowing farmers and ranchers time to have a good handle on their production and operation goals for the next year. The expo is strategically positioned to promote agricultural technology, equipment and operation input updates for the next crop season.
For more information visit: https://www.gatewayfarmexpo.org/