Summer Internship - Tri-Basin NRD
The Tri-Basin NRD Summer Internship program employs college students who have an interest in natural resources management. The purpose of the intern program is to provide students a wide range of natural resources-related work experiences.
These are full-time temporary positions (mid-May to mid-August). Working hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (sometimes later in evenings) Monday through Friday.
Work is mostly, but not exclusively, outdoors. Interns will work with staff from the Tri-Basin NRD and the USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service.
• Collect groundwater quality samples
• Assist with invasive plant control efforts
• GPS coordinate data collection and land survey
• Wildlife habitat monitoring
• Irrigation system efficiency testing
• Assist with educational activities
• Assist NRD staff with clerical work, plan documentation
• U.S. Citizen
• High School Graduate or Equivalent
• Enrolled in Accredited College or University
• Majoring in Agriculture or Natural Resources Related Field
• Valid Driver’s License
• Must be at least 18 years old
Mail or email a cover letter and resume before April 1st to:
Tri-Basin Natural Resources District
1723 Burlington Street
Holdrege, NE 68949